Thursday, January 14, 2010

Like Hair, only with Cheese - Braided Motz


Mozzarella, in my opinion, is the most gratifying of Italian cheese. The simplicity in texture, taste and appearance makes it an 'any time, any place' cheese.
My experiments with mozzarella have been mixed, probably one of my most successful cheeses that I have attempted.
Today being a holiday and me not having attempted a cheese in over a month, I found myself at the cowshed with the brat in tow at 7.30am
I was lucky to have enough curd at home for my starter and the whole process took about 8hrs.
This time, I was surprised at the elasticity of the finished product and quickly tried a braid - something I've only seen on TV. It was one of those wow moments, perfect braid.
Not sure how I'm going to use the braid apart from on fresh pizza, but mighty thrilled with the outcome.

1 comment:

  1. Instead of the pizza, I could bake a basil-cherry tomato Focaccia and we could just slice the mozzarella over it after its done. Or just wrap the slices of cheese and Roma tomatoes in basil leaves, drizzle some olive oil on it and have it with a dash of salt and pepper over it :-).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...