Friday, January 22, 2010

From Sale of Stock you get......Homemade Ravioli!


The title is as cryptic as you want it to be, the food turned out to be simple.

Cooking in the work week is a stress buster for me. Fresh pasta ensures I spend at least an hour in the kitchen making up my mind on what to cook with what I have. Ever since tasting the tortellini in Toscano's, I've wanted to test whether I could do better. The gnarled pasta that was served may have been a rustic take on the pure version, but I remember more flour than filling in the dish.

Last weeks motz making yielded about a cup of ricotta - enough for about 20 medium ravioli pieces. The filling I made was with roasted onion and finely chopped spinach, mixed in with freshly made sun-dried tomato (yup, sunny days are back) and basil. As an afterthought, I crumbled some blue cheese over the entire lot.

Taste - yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...