Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cheese Amidst Chaos



With a packed weekend on the cards, the wife kinda pushed me into making cheese on Saturday. I understand nagging is 2-way traffic.
I chose feta since it does not require too much surveillance while making. Since 2 litres (which is my standard volume for cheese making) would produce a significant amount of feta, I split a litre to indulge in some cream cheese.
With all the happenings on Saturday, the wife's stained glass project and my RTO work, the feta turned out to be the best decision. Will leave it for a couple of weeks in brine to age.
The cream cheese though turned truant. I'd forgotten to check on it on Saturday night - exhaustion got the better of me. It moved on to the next stage of aging - sour cream. No matter, sour cream dips are still wonderful. Add a few skinned and seeded fresno's, a pinch of salt & sugar and you've got yourself some amazing spiced dipping sauce.

This was probably one of my better results with cream cheese. Awaiting some sourdough from the wife to complement this.

Can mascarpone and tiramisu be far behind ??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...