Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday Lazies


Sundays are meant to be siesta filled. At least thats what a majority of folks seem to practice. With the cousin at home, that was excuse enough to get going with pizza's. Its been a while since we had them and considering my cheese-making's gone into cold storage for a while, I thought I'd get my hands dirty.
Peter Rheinhart mentions that pizza dough needs to be made a day in advance. Kinda late for that considering Saturday was eventful enough for a 10pm lights out. Had to make the most of what I had. Used normal flour, wheat and rye to get going. By 7am,I'd got my initial dough together and let this develop for the next 6 hrs.
The toppings were simple - milky mushroom (with hilarious packaging), green peppers & onions. The terracotta pan served as a stone.
The pizza's came out well done, the crust being a little chewy. A so-so effort I'd say considering pizza making is rocket science at home anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...